1. I’ve always been super mesmerized by the zodiac. My mother had this incredible 70’s era book when I was growing up that physically described each sign (among other things). I was legit obsessed with it. I’m pretty sure I carried it with me everywhere. When I was older, I had my astrological chart read, and although the majority of it was a big flop, I still live for horoscopes. That’s why I immediately was drawn to these beautiful zodiac constellation necklaces from Etsy seller, Iaonato. The one featured above is Leo’s, but of course she has all other signs available – I just decided to share the best one (can you tell which sign is mine?).
2. To quote the newest Sherlock series 3 teaser trailer, “OH MY GOD.” That was basically my reaction when I saw these amazing Sherlock-inspired leggings from Gold Bubble Clothing. I’m really trying to justify a reason to spend $70 on ridiculously loud leggings that I will probably only wear to conventions/geeky events, but I’m coming up short. I’ll probably cave by the time this blog is published though. I’m weak after all.
3. Continuing on the fandom tip, OMGz today’s Tee Fury is just all sorts of perfection. Although I’m late to the party (as usual), the hubs and I started watching the reboot of Doctor Who (starting with the 9th doctor) and I am so unbelievably hooked. More on that later (yeah, it deserves its own dedicated post) though – back to this amazing crossover tee! The Girl in the Fireplace is my favorite episode (so far) of Doctor Who, so I was thrilled to see it mashed up with Harry Potter by none other than the amazing Karen Hallion. This was a no brainer: take my money please and thank you. ps; Can you imagine what a great companion Hermione would make??
4. Talking about those that instantly steal your money, let’s talk about Marc Jacobs continuing his amazing Boston Terrier series. Although I am not complaining (it warms my little heart), my wallet is starting to grumble a bit. Cue this ADORABLE watch. At $267 it’s a stretch (I mean, REALLY?), so I am hoping that someone will rip off the design soon enough. Is that terrible? Oh well.
5. My relationship with Tumblr is touch and go. Sometimes I would flood my blog with 50 posts in a row, sometimes I wouldn’t post for 8 months at a time. I’m back on this bandwagon now (follow me here) and have become immersed in the fangirl explosion that is tumbling (I can use it as a verb, right?). More than likely if you catch me laughing at my computer screen maniacally, I’m on Tumblr compiling more fandom gifs to my already ridiculously large collection. #sorryimnotsorry
Special mention; Benedict Cumberbatch
and his ridiculously sexy voice reads lyrics to R. Kelly’s “Genius.”