Created by The Nerdy Girlie & Super Space Chick
As I mentioned earlier this week, there’s just something about this time of year that brings a spring to my step. Although we don’t have seasons here in Miami, there is definitely a different frame of mind (at least for me) and I’m going to try my best to transfer those feelings to 5 bullet points. Here we go!
1. Pumpkin Everything! I absolutely love pumpkin flavored whatever. You name it, I’ll take 10 please. Confession: a few weeks ago I was already asking my local Cold Stone’s where their pumpkin flavored ice cream was because I took it as sacrilege that the month of September had started and I did not see any available (rest assured, it is now).
2. I can start decorating for Halloween. It is never too early, my friends. Usually I wait inpatiently for the first of October to roll around before I start making my house spooky, but this year I am blaming my early decor on Luna. I’m going to be too big and uncomfortable if I wait until October to decorate. Duh!
3. Sweater Weather. Now, I use this term lightly since I do live in Miami. However, after October, we do start getting the occassional cooler day. And yes, I said day because it usually only lasts 4 hours or so before the noon sun kicks in and it’s hotter than hell again. BUT for those glorious few hours, we can all yank our sweaters out of our closets (along with our boots, scarves and all the fur we can muster) and pretend we have seasons.
4. My baby is coming! I couldn’t be happier that my little Luna will be born during my favorite time of year and especially so close to Halloween! The anticipation is killing me – I can’t wait to meet her and I am also equally as terrified. In this realm of the universe, I am truly Jon Snow and KNOW NOTHING. But I do know I will love her more than anything in the world, and that’s all that counts, right?
5. All my friends come into town. A lot of my high school besties moved away (aka; all of them) during college and never came back. That means the holidays is the only time of year when we get to hang out regularly again and it is just a magical time. I love that we immediately start where we left off and never fail to have an incredible time.
Alice - The Geeky Burrow says
Beautiful list! I was born at the end of October and I couldn’t be happier that my fave season and bday match! 🙂
Aw, how exciting that your little one will be here soon! I can’t wait to start decorating for Halloween! I already bought some new lights!
I can only imagine that would be so much fun! Costume parties every year!
I made my Target run and fully decorated already – I’m not excited or anything. 😉
syllykay . says
Great list! I just love everything pumpkin too!! How exciting that Luna will be born during the most festive part of the year!!
♡ Kristin ♡ says
Awww I can’t wait to see photos of baby Luna! Good luck<3
This is such a lovely post! I can’t wait for Halloween either, decorating everything is so fun and it’s especially better when all your friends come back and you can just catch up like no time has passed at all, those are the true friends! I bet you’re so excited about Luna too, what a beautiful name! – Tasha
Mallory @ bad.wolf.brunch says
OMG her name is Luna and she will be a Halloween baby!?! How perfect!!! Sending you lots of light in your last month!!!
xx mal @ badwolfbrunch.com
Aimee Julia says
Great list. I’ve just discovered pumpkin spiced lattes. I’m in love! May have to try more pumpkin flavoured beverages/foods! Good luck in your last month, and for life with the new baby! x
Anika Guldstrand says
Omggg that corgi puppy and pumpkin!!! <3 <3 <3
I’m so excited for you and your little one!!!! *o* I hope she’ll love being born in Autumn. It’s such a fantastic season – my favorite! I love your list!
Lovely list – I didn’t realize you were due so soon that so exciting! Sweater weather is just the best!
I know! I’m so jealous of her birth month!
Neither can we!
Thanks so much!
It’s a very exciting time of year: period! So many good things 🙂
Thank you so much Mal!
Thanks for the well wishes! I totally recommend trying pumpkin anything at Trader Joe’s. They have the best stock!
Thanks so much!
It feels like it crept up and punched me in the face! We are very nervous AND excited!
Agreed! I cannot wait!
The images are perfect! When you mentioned your having your baby near halloween, I just pictured April giving birth in full costume, haha.