After a long time of contemplating it, I finally took the plunge and decided to participate as a vendor at a local fair. My fellow Geek Girl Brunch Miami officers got accepted as vendors into Hatch Miami, which is a fair targeted at supporting local women in the city. You had to be a woman to be accepted into the event, and when I decided to participate, not only as a Geek Girl Brunch officer, but also as a business owner for Geek Girl Gang, I had no idea how positive the experience would be.
1. Fandom Notebooks; I adore writing in notebooks and journals. I have so many of them, I can’t even keep track of them. Seriously, I find them whenever I decide to tidy things up in random rooms of my house. Most of the time, unused. And I keep buying more. Someone please tell me I’m not alone. Since I’m not going to stop collecting them any time soon, these beautiful Doctor Who ones would have been great, but unfortunately, the store is on a permanent hiatus. Whimper. Lets admire from afar, shall we?
2. Deathly Hallows cap; I am so obsessed with baseball caps lately. I think they make the perfect addition to a summer outfit, and a great way to add fandom to any outfit. This hallows cap is absolutely everything, and since it’s black…it goes with everything too. Win/win.
3. Minnie donut; Little known fact: I craved donuts a whole lot towards the end of my pregnancy. Since I’m gluten intolerant, I knew it wasn’t going to happen, but now that I am not pregnant, I have cheated here and there for the right one. If this Minnie donut actually existed, it would be worth the cheat by far. For now, I’ll settle on wearing it on my lapel.
4. Sanrio duffel; There is a piece of me that thinks this needs to be my carry on for SDCC. I don’t care how ridiculous or loud it is (I mean, when have I ever), or the high probability that it can probably hold less than half of a regular carry on. It is a total compulsive and irrational buy and it’s totally going to happen. At least I’m honest.
You didn’t think I had forgotten about this month’s must haves, did you?
1. Princess Leia leotards; I’ve already expressed my love for The Daily Threads on this blog often enough, but I just can’t stop raving about one of their newest designs: a tribute to one of the most kick ass princesses in the galaxy. I think it is the perfect outfit for your little one to rock while visiting any of the Disney parks or for a Star Wars themed party. I can’t wait to get one for little Lu.
2. Expelliarmus pennant; I cannot love this little pennant banner anymore. Sure, the pennant trend must be on its way out if the Target dollar spot is housing a bunch (wink nudge), but I’ll be damned if I don’t get one of these for some room of my house (I’ll find any excuse). Best part? It’s currently on sale!
3. Death Star heart pin; As everyone’s pin game continues to rage strong, I am working on compiling the most epic collection for my fandom jacket by the time I am visiting SDCC this year. It’s pretty amazing at the moment, but I feel like it could be so much better. That’s why I’m definitely adding this adorable Star Wars themed pin to it soon!
4. Legion on FX; This show totally sideswiped me, but I am completely and utterly obsessed. The styling, the imagery, the direction: everything is so flawless, it’s almost impossible to believe it is real. After seeing so many Xmen ventures tank, it’s really nice to see one done the way it should. Does anyone else already have a huge cosplay list just from the two first episodes?