Needless to say, Comic Con is a crazy time. These last few weeks leading up to San Diego are always frenzied, so I figured I would hand out a weekly tip until it is D-day to help the rest of you out! Even though I love love love going to Comic Con, sometimes certain components of it really stress me out, so I am always looking for ways to simplify. This year, you guys are going along for the ride.
Lets talk Comic Con beauty. Sure, it may not be the first thing you think of when you think of SDCC, but I assure you, it is important. I feel looking your best is important whether you are cosplaying, networking or presenting. So many pictures are being taken and memories are being made, so you want to make sure you look put together and fresh, without overpacking (c’mon, we need room for all our swag!). Here are some of my absolute essentials:
- Hair spray; first general tip I’m going to share is to always pack light, which means get travel sized everything! You are going to want to save the room in your luggage for the stuff that matters (clothing/accessories/purchases/kidnapped celebs/etc) so grab the little versions of your favs. Hair spray is a must! I love Big Sexy Hair – it keeps my unruly locks at bay and helps me achieve fun cosplay looks with minimal effort.
2. Poo-Pourri + flushable wipes; lets get real, people. We all poop and it close quarters like those shared by SDCC roomies, you have to be considerate. I don’t travel anywhere without flushable wipes because they are just so much more comfortable, and my poop spray closely follows whenever I am sharing rooms with others. Sure, everyone knows when you just pooped, but at least they know because it smells like flowers and not otherwise.
3. Body mist; people stink. People in the sun stink. People walking around, all day, in the sun stink. Highly excited people walking around, all day, in the sun stink. Do you get my drift? Grab your favorite scent and keep it close so that you don’t scare away any new friends or Henry Cavill.
4. Setting Spray; you are not going to have the chance to do many “touch ups” while at Comic Con. It’s all a rushed go go go kind of vibe, so I always make sure whatever my face looks like before I step out of my hotel room is going to stay as long as possible and this Ulta setting spray always does the trick. If you are wondering how I still have makeup at the end of a Disney day, this is the reason. I also love the dewy version because I like looking young + moisturized these days.
5. Pocket mirror; sure we all have phones, but sometimes that phone is busy doing something else during SDCC, like recording a video, making a facetime call or posting an instagram live. So I always pack a pocket mirror for those moments just to make sure my mascara isn’t running down my face after an especially emotional panel or my lipstick hasn’t faltered after my 5th mimosa of the day. Mine is by Hellcats.
6. Dry Shampoo Paste; yeah, you heard me right. R+Co sell this 2-4-1 that is a travel god send. It works to make your hair look freshly washed, while also styling and molding. Short haired ladies, rejoice! I cannot wait for this to be a staple in my travel bag moving forward.
7. The Right Pair of Glasses; you not only need to see what you’re doing while attending San Diego Comic Con but you want to also make a good first impression on those you meet. Therefore, you need to invest in the right pair of fashionable glasses from Eyeglasses.com. They’re not only affordable but you can choose from many different styles of frames that will be suitable for you based on your personal taste. Determine what look you’re going for and which frames you believe will give you the greatest confidence boost as you select your new pair of glasses.
- Tide Pen
- Hand sanitizer sprays
- Matte fast drying lipsticks
- Body oil
- Refreshing face mist sprays