If you have followed me and my blog long enough, you know I am an absolute fool for Halloween. I adore every little second of it, and although it’s a little different this year, knowing that it is near makes me tingle in excitement. What are my favorite things about it? Say no more…
Source: Google image search
1. You get to be someone else for a day; as someone immersed in nerd culture, we often want to be swept away to another world. One we have read, seen on the big screen or just fantasized about in our minds. That’s why Halloween is so special – you actually get to do this! Now granted, for those of you that cosplay on the daily, this is no treat. But for a casual cosplayer like myself, I definitely love the ability to take on someone else’s looks, personality and swag for a night.
2. You can be as ridiculous as you want to be; there are no rules on Halloween, and I absolutely love it. You can dress up as silly, slutty or basic as you want. It’s a holiday all about fun, and who doesn’t revel in that?
3. It starts off the holiday season; Halloween starts the next 3 months worth of holiday festivities: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Although all of those holidays used to not really do much for me, I am looking at them with a different perspective lately. My husband has helped me move through my Christmas hatred and really embrace it as a special time with new memories we have made together. Now that we will be a family of 3, I’m sure the holidays will take on an even more special vibe.
4. Fall flavors; sure, I had mentioned my love of everything pumpkin in my Fall Fandom Friday post, but it just has to be revisited (along with other Fall favorites). Although I cannot indulge the way the majority of you all can due to my food allergies, I can enjoy my local Cold Stone’s ice cream flavors (thanks for not using vanilla in your ice creams, guys!), such as pumpkin (naturally) and salted caramel. Have you ever tried mixing both together with EXTRA caramel? This is what I call living, people.
Source: My Instagram
5. Embracing my inner witch; I’m not a big fan of horror (I know, go ahead and chastise me), but I do love witchcraft and magic. This time of year allows me to really get into my crystals, tarot, sage, and pendulum and channel my coven of one. With that said, a lot of people have been asking me to do a post on this side of me, but I’ve been on the fence as to not offend anyone else as I don’t like talking about religion or politics anywhere online. Let me know if you’d like me to touch on this subject though, and I’ll consider it!