February 7th, 2014 | Posted in Fashion, Home by Meli
Without noticing, this week’s Lovable Friday is so dainty and feminine!
1. Banner necklaces; Someone pry me away from the Etsy. It seems like the site just multiplies amazing stores overnight and I just can’t handle it. Case in point: this whimsical little shop. I just adore banner motifs, so to have it in necklace form makes my heart very very happy. Add the affirmative sayings and I’m sold.
2. Popsicle wallet; a little angry this adorable Kate Spade wallet is no longer available through her site, but I will prevail (eBay is my friend)! Living in Miami, it’s technically already summer time with temperatures hitting the 80′s during the day (sorry northerners), so this little pretty would make the perfect seasonal pop for any outfit.
3. Saturn necklace; this sweet little galactic necklace is so perfect! Although it seems to have been bought already, check out the rest of the beautiful little pieces in the Etsy shop. I love that in addition to space-themed accessories, she carries a bunch of fandom items – especially loving all the Game of Thrones ones!
4. Scalloped mirror; we are in the process of redecorating our home (post on our hip new bedroom coming soon), and I’m not gonna lie. I NEED this mirror in my life. Where will it go? I have no idea, but I’ll make it work and I will love it forever. A little dramatic? I don’t think so. ::patiently waits for sale::
5. Dottie booties; these boots are so amazing they are labeled as art. ART, people. If you ever run into the millions these boots probably run for, think of your dear friend, Meli, and how much she loves these babies, mmkay?
February 5th, 2014 | Posted in Beauty, Fashion by Meli
Next weekend is Valentine’s Day, which means your life will get a little extra dose of sweet, whether it comes in the form of having an excuse to overindulge in chocolate or to wear your favorite heart-emblazoned ensemble. Either way, enjoy it. I know I definitely didn‘t enjoy the holiday growing up since I lacked greatly in the significant other department for some time. Little admission: one year while in college, I actually stayed home “
sick” because I didn’t want to see all the girls with their flowers, balloons, etc. walking around campus making me feel even more lonely and lame.
Now as an adult, I can appreciate all the little idiosyncrasies of the holiday. It’s a time to acknowledge all the love in your life, whether it be romantic or otherwise. Regardless of whether you are in a relationship, I can wager to say that you – all of you – are surrounded by love in one way or another. Embrace that on February 14th.
& with that, here’s a roundup of all my favorite heart-themed items to rock all year round;
Top; Love shirt || Nail decals || Heart pillow
Bottom; Heart flats || Heart wallet || Heart sweater
February 4th, 2014 | Posted in Geekery, TV by Meli
So super stoked (& unbearably nervous) to unveil my vlogger/podcaster (??) debut with The Fangirl Diaries first diary entry! I do my best to provide a spoiler-free review of the newest series of BBC’s Sherlock and I hope I did a good enough job. It’s my first time attempting this format so there were a lot of takes and a lot of bloopers. I’d absolutely love it if you could show us some love by either liking our Facebook fanpage or subscribing to our Youtube channel (preferably both!).
Also, no fear! More consistent blog entries are on their way. I’ve had a lot of extracurriculars lately keeping me busy, but I hope to be back on the blog train very very soon!
January 24th, 2014 | Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Geekery by Meli
1. These sunnies from The Limited are just everything, aren’t they?? They totally scream modern Lolita to me. And at $30, they can definitely join my 15 other pairs without a problem. Hey! I live in Miami – sunglasses are a necessity, not a frivolous accessory!
2. Does this wine glass exist? Probably not. Should it? YES. I have never seen a more accurate portrayal of why one becomes a wino. Not saying that I am one or anything…I mean, it’s not like the staff at Total Wine recognize me….Just shut up, OK? I don’t have to explain myself to you.
3. By this point, I’m sure all of you are aware of the gloriously hilarious and inappropriate card game, Cards Against Humanity. It literally turns the lamest party into the best event you have ever attended – trust me. And it just got a little better thanks to whichever nameless geek over at Conventional Improv created this Doctor Who themed expansion pack. Downloaded and ready to print. Who wants to come over?
4. I am a relatively new fan to the wonder that is Fandom Cosmetics, but I just can’t get enough. It’s exactly what a fangirl with obsessive tendencies towards beauty products should never be exposed to. The worst kind of crossover. But, of course, I’m too deep in it now, especially after seeing their new range of geeky nail decals. I picked up both the Deathly Hallows set pictured above, as well as the Tardis set. I can’t wait to test them out, and will definitely post a review onto The Fangirl Diaries once I do!
5. Kate Spade, I don’t whether to kiss you or kill you sometimes. You confuse me. See. I love your products so much they make me want to cry, but I’m not really sure if I’m crying because of their sheer awesomeness or because I most probably will never be able to afford them. It’s a toss up. Either way, these shoes bring on those emotions. I invite you all to shed some tears with me. Unless you have $300 to spend on shoes, and in that case, I hate you (
January 15th, 2014 | Posted in Geekery, Local by Meli
If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, this is old news, but I wanted to spread the word about my new side project. Don’t worry, Melificent is not going anywhere! I just wanted an outlet to share more of my hobbies, so a few friends and I created The Fangirl Diaries. It will be a YouTube channel and podcast where we can discuss our favorite fandoms. It’s a totally new avenue for me, being all-video-all-the-time, but I am beyond excited to get it rolling.
We released our teaser video last week, along with our Facebook fanpage, and we are already at 81 fans as of today! Squee! I will be recording our first vlog hopefully next week reviewing Series 3 of BBC’s Sherlock. I also want this project to be an open collaboration. That is, if you want to join in on the fun: the doors are open! We will be recruiting guests for almost all our podcasts, so make sure you shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a private message via Facebook if you are interested.
Finally, show us some love on all our social media accounts;