1. A Letter from Fred; A friend posted this on his Facebook, and I decided to listen as I was driving home from work. Well, needless to say, I think everyone driving by me thought someone had just died because I was sobbing in my driver’s seat. This is such a touching and heartfelt story about an old man and his undying love for his recently deceased wife. I think everyone should have the opportunity to experience a love this powerful and, as Frank put it, REAL. Just have your tissues ready.
2. Sherlock; Add another TV obsession to the list. Sherlock is just incredible. I love the beauty shots of my favorite city, the way the show is filmed and the incredible cast. It gives Sherlock Holmes a new modern side that you have never seen before. At a running time of 90 minutes an episode, you really have to commit, but it is so worth it. Seasons are only 3 episodes long, and trust me, they leave you wanting more. Plus, is Benedict Cumberbatch not the cutest? I totally adore him and his Asperger-ness.
3. *Nsync reunion; I have a confession to make: I used to be one helluva Nsync fangirl back in the day. I went to more shows than I can remember, learned all the dance moves and yes, even had a Lance Bass marionette (
figures I loved the gay one). So when they reunited (even for a brief 2 minutes) on last weekend’s VMA’s, a little piece of me reverted back to that 18 year old hyper fan. Seriously, I screamed, jumped and possibly shed a few tears. But what a tease! I demand a reunion tour!
4. Jelly boots; These clear ombre-like boots are killing me. Mainly because I don’t know if I should add them to my wardrobe. Sure, they are fun and different, but will they stand the test of time? My vote is probably no, but I am not one to adhere to any of those silly guidelines anyways. Plus, this would give me another reason to buy more fun socks! Good talk, self. Good talk.
5. Black Milk’s Harry Potter line; As my best friend, Elsie, would say: “Just shut up & take my money.” I share that sentiment in regards to Black Milk Clothing’s new Harry Potter line that is slated to debut September 10th. Leggings, dresses and swimsuits decked out in marauder maps, deathly hallows and house crests? Say no more.
How much were they again?